Parking of vehicles
1) No person shall park a vehicle on a public road –
(a) in contravention of any road traffic sign;
(b) in any place referred to in "stopping of vehicles";
(c) on the same side as a fire hydrant within an area bounded by the centre-line of the roadway and lines at right angles to such centre-line one and a half metres on either side of the hydrant, if such hydrant is clearly visible to and recognizable as such by drivers of moving vehicles, or if it is indicated by an appropriate road traffic sign;
(d) in any place where the vehicle would obscure any road traffic sign;
(e) in such manner as to encroach upon the sidewalk, if any; or
(f) in such manner as to obstruct any private or public vehicular entrance to such road.
2) These provisions shall not apply to any vehicle, other than a motor vehicle, while it is being used in carrying on the business of street vendor, pedlar or hawker, unless it exceeds such maximum weight, height, length or mass as may be prescribed in these regulations.
3) No person shall park a vehicle on any portion of the roadway (excluding the shoulders) of a public road outside an urban area or with any part of such vehicle within one metre of the edge of such roadway except in a parking place demarcated by an appropriate road traffic sign.
4) No person shall park a vehicle on the roadway of a public road within an urban area -
(a) within nine metres of the side from which he or she approaches a pedestrian crossing demarcated by appropriate road traffic signs, unless such parking is permitted by appropriate road traffic signs;
(b) within five metres of any intersection unless such parking is permitted by a road traffic sign;
(c) upon or over the actuating mechanism of a traffic signal;
(d) (i) with the outside of any left-hand wheel thereof more than 450 millimetres within the roadway; or
(ii) where the public road concerned is restricted to vehicles moving in one direction and the vehicle is parked on the side of the roadway, with the outside of any right hand wheel thereof more than 450 millimetres within the roadway, unless such parking is permitted by an appropriate road traffic sign;
(e) which is less than five and a half metres wide unless the public road concerned is restricted to vehicles moving in one direction and such parking is permitted by appropriate road traffic signs.
5) No person shall park a motor vehicle on a traffic island or in a pedestrian mall or pedestrian lane.
6) Whenever a vehicle has been parked in contravention of any provision of the Act or any by-law made under the Act, or in contravention of or in disregard of the directions of any road traffic sign or notice board as prescribed in these regulations, such vehicle may be removed or caused to be removed and impounded by a traffic officer, and unless the vehicle has been so parked in the course of a theft thereof, the owner shall bear the costs of such removal and impoundment.